Day 3 of my Pioneer Woman Week of dinners I decided to make Spinach Artichoke Pasta. Heidi and I love spinach artichoke dip and I thought the pasta version sounded great. I used rice noodles to reduce the amount of gluten we’re intaking, but still had 1.5 T of flour in the sauce to thicken it up.
Cooking Steps in a nutshell, see the original recipe for full details.
- Butter + garlic + spinach, set aside.
- Butter + artichokes, set aside
- Butter + flour + milk + cheese (parmesan and mozzarella)
- Combine everything together and season with salt, pepper, and cayenne.
- Once combined, top with red pepper flakes and panko bread crumbs for a nice crunch.
Here’s the final product. I think I had too much pasta and could have used some more artichokes. The red peper flakes gave it a good spice and the bread crumbs gave it some additional texture. This meal was extremely easy to make and took ~30 minutes.